• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Cf autoroot fail

I unrooted my device by flashing the sprint stock rom and I tried rooting with the autoroot...it would go through recovery and when it reboots su is not installed and it isn't rooted. I have done this with the same cf autoautoroot and it worked fine. Also when I flashed the latest cwm it would say I can't mount sdcard, cache, etc. I need help rooting the phone as well as getting cwm to work because I am now stuck in sprint stock

You can use Odin to flash back to stock. Look for forum on here virgin mobile and it will show you how to un root back to stock. New rom is coming very soon.

You should look look up virgin Mobile Samsung galaxy s3 root. Video on how to root. You could Odin back to Virgin Mobile there's post on here. Virgin Mobile is still in developed right now we got Ryder mg2 rom, slim rom and midnightrom. Right now we'r. Trying to figure out the 3g apn and mms for sprint cmw/asop/tw

i found how to root it and did it step by step like i did before when i rooted my phone and it still wont root. cf auto root gave me no errors but when rebooted su is not installed and it isn't rooted. i tried to root through cwm installing a zip but i get "installation aborted" (bad) with many different files that seemed to work for others

If memory serves correctly - cfautoroot works via and exploit - one that has been fixed on the newest phones.

So you have CWM or TWRP installed?

If so just place the Temp Epic Root from recovery on the phone, reboot to recovery, flash the zip file.

Temp Epic Root from recovery

Flash from CWM or TWRP Recovery - I prefer TWRP now.

Back
Top Bottom