• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Need some help.

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
I flashed the nd8 tar, and got 4.4 kitkat sprint stock rom all up and running, the problem is the modem, when I try to downgrade the 4.4 rom without knox (or aka the mk5 stock deodexed that doesn't come with knox) there's no data and no sound, any solutions?, and one more question, back when c-nexus said that this (nd8 tar)f lashed the new boot loader, does that mean I now have a sprint boot loader?, and I cant revert to vm if they update vm to 4.4? can someone clear things up for me a little?

I flashed the nd8 tar, and got 4.4 kitkat sprint stock rom all up and running, the problem is the modem, when I try to downgrade the 4.4 rom without knox (or aka the mk5 stock deodexed that doesn't come with knox) there's no data and no sound, any solutions?, and one more question, back when c-nexus said that this (nd8 tar)f lashed the new boot loader, does that mean I now have a sprint boot loader?, and I cant revert to vm if they update vm to 4.4? can someone clear things up for me a little?

Yea.... It happened to me. Went back to stock 4.4 ROM. For some reason you might need to do the same .

Sounds like the old MK5 doesn't play well with the ND8 bootloader and modem. Looks like you need to flash back to NS8 rom. You can always run the deknox/debloat script on it to get rid of knox. Well except for bootloader.

Yes you have the Sprint ND8 Knox bootloader. Not sure how your phone will handle a VM ota. It may not even see it as you are on the newest Sprint firmware. The big question is whether the ND8 bootloader would let you take the new VM bootloader or is it gonna fry the phone.

I'm running ND8 on my VM S3 with no issues but that's running KitKat roms. Haven't tried mk5 since I got phone.

A Virgin Modile ota would be identical to Sprint's with the exception of Carrier specific settings and apps.

If and when a VM ota rolls out I'd give Dev's time to mess with it before attempting anything.

I reflashed the tar, still no data!, what can I be doing wrong? The tar restores everything, even modem, the zip technically is just rooted version

I reflashed the tar, still no data!, what can I be doing wrong? The tar restores everything, even modem, the zip technically is just rooted version

It would be working. That's that I did. Check to see if you have a modern and do you have sound?

In order to get MK5 working after flashing ND8, I had to flash a custom kernel. DKP kernel works.

Absolutely works , stock mk5 (4.3), with nd8, modem.Thanks, it was the kernel, I eyelashes the tar, and flashed dkp and data works, or at least the 4g bar shows activity, I cant test it no minutes LOL..

Sounds like the old MK5 doesn't play well with the ND8 bootloader and modem. Looks like you need to flash back to NS8 rom. You can always run the deknox/debloat script on it to get rid of knox. Well except for bootloader.

Yes you have the Sprint ND8 Knox bootloader. Not sure how your phone will handle a VM ota. It may not even see it as you are on the newest Sprint firmware. The big question is whether the ND8 bootloader would let you take the new VM bootloader or is it gonna fry the phone.

I'm running ND8 on my VM S3 with no issues but that's running KitKat roms. Haven't tried mk5 since I got phone.

A Virgin Modile ota would be identical to Sprint's with the exception of Carrier specific settings and apps.

If and when a VM ota rolls out I'd give Dev's time to mess with it before attempting anything.

Now I have another question; now that we have a updated sprint bootloader, does that mean we are able to flash newer spint nd8 builds without deleting the asserts?, or do we need to delete them if we want to flash older roms based off mk3 (sprint) bootloader, you know how the assert lines tell if you can flash, if those roms arent updated to use the nd8 in their asserts then they wont flash, correct?

My phone is running 4.4.2 ND8 now and I want to flash CM11 ROM. Is that still possible? Someone told me the bootloader has been locked after 4.4.2 ND8 update so that it could not be flash any custom ROM any more. Is that true?
Thanks in advance.

My phone is running 4.4.2 ND8 now and I want to flash CM11 ROM. Is that still possible? Someone told me the bootloader has been locked after 4.4.2 ND8 update so that it could not be flash any custom ROM any more. Is that true?
Thanks in advance.

Boot loader hasn't been locked. Yes, you can go ahead and flash CM11.

Back
Top Bottom