• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [W.I.P] Unbrick Hardbricked f3

I've seen a couple of people on these forums stating they have hardbricked f3s (qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008). Well I think I might've found a solution but it requires a working phone and qpst. Anyone with a working f3 want to take the risk?

Working f3 users how to backup phone image (Might want to do a clean install of a rom just to be safe):
  • Download and install QPST (not sure if I can link it)
  • Open QPST Configuration
  • (Optional skip if phone listed ) Click the ports tab and add a new port
  • Click COM - USB/QC Diagnostic. It should state which COM port the phone is using and click OK.
  • Click Start clients > Software Download
  • Click the backup tab
  • Click the second browse button
  • A dialog appears asking where to save the file name the backup file unbrick or something along those lines
  • Press the start button and wait until the status says Memory Backup Complete
  • Close QPST and upload the image to your cloud based storage
  • Post backup image link here and i'll test it with my bricked f3

I'm hoping this works :)

Edit: Forgot to mention the f3 has to be in DIAG mode which I have no idea how to put it into that mode sorry :\

Edit2: Putting the phone in download mode is the DIAG mode qpst needs

Last edited:
It just makes a backup file of your NV items, no? I did it just now, and should be safe to share. This is a decommissioned F3 (Mobile Number set to 000-000-0001/000-000-0002).
Bj9ZaH5.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones