• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Viper4Android S3

Piznick64

Android Enthusiast
Jun 4, 2012
I have installed the Viper4Android on my Galaxy s3 (conquest rom). Which is the best setting, and what is the best music player to use it on there. I have poweramp and Google Play, but it seems like its not very loud on poweramp, i use the rock eq settings on both

I have installed the Viper4Android on my Galaxy s3 (conquest rom). Which is the best setting, and what is the best music player to use it on there. I have poweramp and Google Play, but it seems like its not very loud on poweramp, i use the rock eq settings on both

To get the best performance out of it, you want to make it a system app. Move it to system/priv-app then make sure the permissions match the rest in that folder. That way it stays running and doesn't get shut down in the background. As far as settings, that's a personal choice. I customize the eq. And it works on all music players.

Upvote 0
To get the best performance out of it, you want to make it a system app. Move it to system/priv-app then make sure the permissions match the rest in that folder. That way it stays running and doesn't get shut down in the background. As far as settings, that's a personal choice. I customize the eq. And it works on all music players.

how do i move it to a system app

Upvote 0
Technically, you don't need to set it as a system app. The app downloads a driver into your phone. The driver you should choose is High Quality Audio. You can choose Super Quality Audio because the GS3 is dual core, but I've tried that and it overheats the phone and causes it to lag. After installing the driver, tap on menu and change the UI Setting. I have mine set on Expert. Gives you a lot of options. Spend some time going through each setting. It'll make your headphones/Bluetooth speaker sound glorious.

The thing with flashing ROMs is that you have to install the driver through the app after each flash. Most of the time after opening the app after flashing, it'll tell you to download the driver. Sometimes, it won't. That means you have to go to Menu>Uninstall Driver, restart the phone, open the app to download the driver, and restart your phone again. This app is worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones