• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Dial Sees Duplicates?

meissen

Sep 1, 2012
I have had to start using my Jawbone with my Samsung Galaxy S3 while driving in a vehicle that isn't bluetooth compatible. When I try to voice dial, I say the contact name and it finds multiple contacts. It says "is this one of your contacts?" What am I supposed to say to get it to tell me what the contacts are? Or is this just where the bluetooth voice search utterly fails and I have to still grab the phone, unlock it, and select which number I want?

I think the duplication is caused because I backed up my contacts to the SD card thinking that I'd have it backed up but now I see the same contact with the same number and one has my Favorites start next to it and the other doesn't.

Is there any way to make it so there's only one source for Voice Dial?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones