• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

W10M Action/Notification center apps for Android

nandodefraia

Lurker
Jan 12, 2018
Hello there, new member here! I've recently jumped to Android after being a loyal Windows Phone user. So far I'm loving the personalization options Android offers, and I succesfully transformed my Android Phone into a Microsoft Edition Phone with the help of the apps available on the Play Store (the phone is new so I don't want to root it yet). The only things I have yet to recreate from Windows 10 Mobile are the recent app list (which however is present on some roms like EMUI and MIUI, but it would be nice to find an app that brings the horizontal apps switching on other roms) and the action center. So far I'm using Material Notification Shade (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treydev.mns&hl=it) and a fake tiled background for it in order to simulate the tiles in W10M's action center, but it's not really good since the background is cropped in single-row mode and create some visual issue, plus I'm not a fan of the android toggle icons. For who doesn't know, in W10M the action center is like this:
action-center-main_0.jpg

However, I have tried many launchers that emulate W10M, and while most of them simply recreate the tiled home screen, two of them bring the action center I'd like to get: Launcher 8 Free and Computer Launcher, although the latter is more a W10 PC clone, but the result is quite similar:
Computer-Launcher_3.png

But both apps are quite buggy and crippled with ads. So, my question is: do you know if there are other apps that bring this action center (with both toggles and notifications) or something similar, preferibly without ads and persistent?

P.S. In case someone is wondering, my W10M clone right now is set up like this:
JaRinDN.png

SSjuKNA.png

I can share how I got it if you want

Reactions: Deleted User

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones