• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wake up lag with micro sd installed

lypenth

Lurker
Hi guys. I got a problem with my phone. When the micro sd card is installed, it takes my Moto like 2 seconds to wake up (I mean 2 seconds since I put the Power button). When the card is removed, everything works fine. I have 2 cards - noname 4GB class 4 (which I use) and Kingston 32GB class 10 (doesn't even work; after installation there is a message like "Blank SD card. Try reformatting it.", but I did it like 1000 times and it didn't help, so I think this card isn't supported by Motorola as I know there are some problems with class 10 cards). The strange thing is that even if Kingston's one is installed, the wake up lag still appears. I did factory reset, cleared cache and disabled some animation settings through Developer options - nothing helped :( I run stock 4.4.4, stock kernel and my Moto isn't rooted. Any ideas what to do about it?

The 4.4.4 update was supposed to fix the SD card issue. When did you do the update, or do you have a fairly new one that came with it from the factory? Also, what are you using to do the format? The functionality built into Windows is not the best. There are standalone programs for card formatting.

I have a fairly new one that came with it from the factory. To do the format I used my Moto, because the phone asked for it after I inserted the card and there was an option to do so. I don't think that KitKat solved that issue, because it seems that a lot of people still face the problem with not working class 10 cards. But I'm not really concerned about the Kingston's card right now. Just want to get rid of the wake up lag, because it is kinda irritating.

It is not an Android OS fix in the 4.4.4 update. It is something that Motorola included in the update specific to the Moto G LTE. Also, it is not an update to Kit Kat since 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are both Kit Kat. Please make sure that you are on 4.4.4. If you are then I suggest calling tech support because you could have a faulty unit.

Back
Top Bottom