• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wake Up Screen?

donb2010

I just got a V20 and have noticed a couple of things,

1.) I have to press the power button several times to wake up the screen usually with other phones I've owned pressing the power button once will immediately turn the screen back on, but not with the V20 I have.

2.) The "KnockOn" option will turn off the screen, but if I tap the screen to turn it back on it doesn't always work.

Are these two scenario normal?

1) your power button might be a little stiff, unless you put a thick cover on the button, it should work flawlessly.

2) I don't have the V20 but my new HTC 10 Evo with Nougat has the same issue but the other way around, I can double tap to turn it on but it doesn't turn off with double tap.

As for the power button. If your really pressing it and not just touching it for finger scanning, than it should work every time on the first try. But if you just touching it and scanning you finger print to turn on, than two things to do.
1) reset finger prints
2) make sure the shipping plastic is removed from the button.

As for double tap to wake, yes that's normal. Some times it takes 2 trys before it works.

Haven't had any of the issues. Double tap works on first try to turn off and on. The button, one press works okay also finger print sensor works great on first try. Maybe talk to your provider and see about warranty replacement. Or try a factory reset, maybe something hindering them.

Still having these issues, but I do noticed that if the main screen is off and the second screen stays on (showing time & date) I don't have a problem waking up the main screen using the KnockOn option or simply using my fingerprint, but if for whatever reason the second screen completely turns off (not showing time & date) that's when I have trouble waking the main screen. I also, noticed that when I get an incoming call or text message the main screen doesn't wake up to let me see who's calling or texting me. Any ideas why?

It does, but if the sensors are covered, or the phone is recognizing them as being covered than the second screen turns off and tap to wake turns off.

That's because the sensors are used to recognize if the phone is in your pockets, in a case, or phone turned face down. And helps prevent accidental screen touches.

Back
Top Bottom