• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to switch from boost to ST.

Frank The Tank

Ok so im trying to think of a cheap way to switch to st.
I want to bring my own phone. But i have boost phones right now. Zte warp sequent and zte warp. I also have a att blackberry torch. But i dont want to use it on st.
I want to go with a android

I figure i could sell the torch and the warp and get a gsm android. Or, my parents have att. I could add a line and get a free phone. But i dont know if att would charge for not activating the phone. Or i could upgrade one of the phones and just use it with st. Idk though. Dont want my parents to pay a penalties.

I would do it with there permission of course. Any ideas?

Generally if you buy a subsidized phone, it has to be activate. There is generally some leeway around the holidays, but since we are not at that time of the year, it will probably need to be activated. Your best bet as far as a phone goes on ST would be a Nexus 4 because it's relatively cheap for a full retail phone and is very powerful.

I like that idea. Looking at the specs. Quad core, 299.99 you really can't beat that. Now I've got to raise the funds. Bye warp og. Bye blackberry torch. Lol. Hello sunshine

The 299.99 is for the 8 GB version, and even though it says 8, it's realistically only 5-6 GB because of the OS taking up some of it. Just be aware of that going in.

Ok thanks for the heads up. And I read there is no SD card support. So I might options for the 16 GB ver. Just have to raise more funds.

50 extra dollars to double the internal memory isn't that bad when you consider apple charges 100 dollars :what:. Just be careful with it because it's quite a fragile phone. A good case is EXTREMELY recommended.

Get an iPhone 4S.

Im addicted to android.
I look at iphones like this. They are for the new smartphone user. Easy to use. Very stable. Android is a little different. For more advanced users. Less stability, but more features. Once your hooked, theres no going back my friend. Muhaha. Cough

Plus if he has to buy an unlocked iPhone 4s at full retail, it will be significantly more expensive than a Nexus 4

Or you can get a T-Mobile Samsung galaxy s2 on craigslist for less than 200$ and put it in st

Any unlocked GSM phone would work - And a used one off of Ebay or Craig's List is a good place to start. Plus, you can use international versions of Android phones as well if you find a good price on one. And I have a feeling that as soon as the SGS4 is officially announced, the market will be flooded with barely used, cheap SGS3s. That's still a great phone!

Back
Top Bottom