• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

want your opinion on this?

I have a prevail I'm always in the Prevail section. Let's just say I go buy and Evo and I go over to the evo section. I root my phone. Everybody's talking about a specific rom or theme that sounds cool I can just go to that table of contents and find that rom or theme click on it and it'll bring me to that thread. Or I can check out all of the others that that thread has to offer and maybe choose something different without searching through the entire forum to find it. sometimes things get passed on downer left behind the end up on page 2 or page 3 and people don't look that far. this sticky that I would like to make would have to be locked so people can't post on there and the same thing the table of contents will get lost deep in that thread. It would have to be able to be updated though. I hope that is a little more clear because I know there is nothing like that in the sticky that is there. Yes it has links in it but not every and all links.

Upvote 0
Hmm... I guess I'm not quite sure the differences between the way the current All Things Root guides are being done and what you are describing.

For example, on the Evo ATR Guide, we have a link to the Roms and kernels DL page, which has a link to all (or many) of the roms and kernels that are available for that device.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/491123-evo-4g-all-things-root-guide.html

Are you saying something like this:
- ROMS -
> Rom1
> Rom2
> Rom3
With each of those linking to a page for that particular rom/kernel/theme?

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
Hmm... I guess I'm not quite sure the differences between the way the current All Things Root guides are being done and what you are describing.

For example, on the Evo ATR Guide, we have a link to the Roms and kernels DL page, which has a link to all (or many) of the roms and kernels that are available for that device.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/491123-evo-4g-all-things-root-guide.html

Are you saying something like this:
- ROMS -
> Rom1
> Rom2
> Rom3
With each of those linking to a page for that particular rom/kernel/theme?
pretty much yes just like that and that is what i also want or like the idea that it is closed so people don't post there and it gets lost within its own thread. and it can be updated as needed. i started it like this already and that was all i was asking and they didn't get was i was asking. i also suggested it is a good idea and all devises should do it, which you already have one. thx for the imput.
icon1.gif
themes
pay attention to what version of ct mod they are for. most won't work on other versions. just backup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before and flash away.

[THEMES] Custom themes by J6Remy [CTMOD 3.5+] *New Theme* |Yellow Choice|(Update 6/27/2012)

[THEME][CTMOD3.68] IRON MAN by Guspeed (6/18/2012)

[THEME][CTMOD3.6] BLOO XPERIA 'NCE by Guspeed (5/28/2012)

[THEME][CT] WP7 Style Blue (06/24/12)

[THEME][CTMOD3.68] CARBON-LITE 2.0 by Guspeed (6/27/2012)

[THEME][CTMOD3.4, 3.5 & 3.6] BuuF'n 1.0 by Guspeed (XPERIA-LAUNCHER UPDATE 5/17/12)

[THEME][CTMOD3.68] Red FX 2.0 by Guspeed (6/26/2012)

[THEMES] [187~MOD] Custom Themes by J6Remy

[Theme] CTMod 3.5 [GB 2.3.6] Trippy V1.2

[THEME][CTMOD3.6] CTNak'd Glass by Guspeed (5/20/2012)

[Theme] [CTMod 3.6] Cyber Green By Rarewolf [5/20/2012]

[THEME][CTMOD3.6] BIKER CHROME by Guspeed (5/20/2012)

[THEME][CTMOD3.6] CTNak'd 1.0.1 by Guspeed (BROWSER-UPDATE 5/12/2012)

[THEME][CTMod 3.5] Glorious Sunshine 1.5 by Slayer72

[Theme] (Green) Ultimate Green v. E (CTMod 3.5-3.6)

[THEME][CTMOD3.6] Dark Timez 1.0 by Guspeed (BROWSER-UPDATE 5/9/2012)

[THEME] [CTMod 3.3] Yellow on Black v1

[Theme][CTMod 3.5/3.6] ET16's ICS Theme (5/7/2012)

[THEME] CTMod 3.5 [GB 2.3.6] Trippy v1.0

[Theme] [CTMod 3.5] (2.3.6) SuperMan v1.4!!

[Theme] [CTMod3.5] [Grape Kew-Laid 1.0] By Dais Flaque

[THEME] HeXeD CTMod 3.5 [Updated 4/15/2012]

some might be missing and sorry for that.

icon1.gif
roms
[ROM] CTMod 3.68 (06/18/12)

CTmod 3.6 with extras

[ROM][GB 2.3.6]HalfAssRom 2.1 - Stock on EXT4!

CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

[ROM]{GB 2.3.7}187MoD-HoneyBread6 +[Kernel]Genocide 2.6.35.14 For Non-CM7 (4/11/12)

JoyMod 1.0

[ROM][CM9 KANG][Alpha] Updated 3.5.5---6/27/12

[ROM][GB 2.3.6] d0_Prevail (8/8/12)

[ROM][Port] MokeeMod

[ROM][CTMod_3.3] DreBeats 1.3.1 [UPDATED Mar, 20]

Too late for MIUI Gingerbread?

[Rom][Port] LeWa OS Beta

[ROMS] Any ICS / Android 4.0.X ROMS for the PREVAIL?

might have forgotton some here too.

icon1.gif
kernals and stuff
[Kernel][GB] KoumaKernel 2.5

Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)

ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

new koumamod.apk

Darktremor A2SD for Prevail [Updated 5-7-12]

Hroark's Prevail Kernel Factory

Virtual Memory

Koumajutsu's SD-Card Partition Tool for Prevail

same again, forgot some i'm sure

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good idea. I don't see any harm in it. However you might need a secondary thread so that people can post suggestions and requests if you are requiring the thread to be closed, or invite PMs with requests and update suggestions.

Yeah the second thread sounds like a great idea I didn't really think of thank you so much

Upvote 0
Then why not one thread that's open that you update yourself?? :thinking:

Would like it to be a sticky. And then everybody posts in it and everybody goes to the last post nobody reads the middle or beginnings. A lot of new people will be in a thread asking about something you have to refer them to the op. I use to do it myself so I know what its like.

Upvote 0
Would like it to be a sticky. And then everybody posts in it and everybody goes to the last post nobody reads the middle or beginnings. A lot of new people will be in a thread asking about something you have to refer them to the op. I use to do it myself so I know what its like.

People like that generally don't read locked sticky threads, either.

It takes time for newcomers to feel of the forums. We all know. We were all new once.

I don't think that any one thread can fix that, and it sounds like that's what you are after - an automatic index that people will use the way your experience suggests is best.

People don't come just one way, though. That's why we are completely tolerant of not requiring searches before posting.

It's easy to get frustrated with people who can't find something or ask a repeated question, sure, I totally get it.

Remember how low you felt when you were a newb somewhere and someone called you out for it? Remember how grateful you felt the first time someone didn't and pointed you in the right direction?

We standardized our stickies (ok, mostly standardized) for the regulars as well as the newcomers.

Too often, people would change phones and get lost switching forums because they couldn't find things when everyplace was different. And newcomers couldn't get directed to an index in a regular, friendly fashion.

In our present way, if you want a locked sticky changed, anyone on staff can take your suggestions and do it - they're staff-owned posts.

If you own a locked sticky, that's a different matter, then only a mod can go in and change your post - or unlock it so you can, then lock it up again.

I don't think that you want or mean to create a bureaucracy to manage your index but that's the side effect you may be heading towards.

That's why we prefer open, community owned posts and threads.

And good ones that are popular with members of a device forum can get stickied, that happens all of the time. :)

Upvote 0
People like that generally don't read locked sticky threads, either.

It takes time for newcomers to feel of the forums. We all know. We were all new once.

I don't think that any one thread can fix that, and it sounds like that's what you are after - an automatic index that people will use the way your experience suggests is best.

People don't come just one way, though. That's why we are completely tolerant of not requiring searches before posting.

It's easy to get frustrated with people who can't find something or ask a repeated question, sure, I totally get it.

Remember how low you felt when you were a newb somewhere and someone called you out for it? Remember how grateful you felt the first time someone didn't and pointed you in the right direction?

We standardized our stickies (ok, mostly standardized) for the regulars as well as the newcomers.

Too often, people would change phones and get lost switching forums because they couldn't find things when everyplace was different. And newcomers couldn't get directed to an index in a regular, friendly fashion.

In our present way, if you want a locked sticky changed, anyone on staff can take your suggestions and do it - they're staff-owned posts.

If you own a locked sticky, that's a different matter, then only a mod can go in and change your post - or unlock it so you can, then lock it up again.

I don't think that you want or mean to create a bureaucracy to manage your index but that's the side effect you may be heading towards.

That's why we prefer open, community owned posts and threads.

And good ones that are popular with members of a device forum can get stickied, that happens all of the time. :)

Alright well when I get to making this I will start it with Just an open regular thread and if things work out and it's looking good can it be made a sticky someday?

Upvote 0
Alright well when I get to making this I will start it with Just an open regular thread and if things work out and it's looking good can it be made a sticky someday?

No reason why not, just let us know. :)

By the way, I think that agentc13 had a great idea to use the private chat with staff subforum (in here, link at top) to use as a place to put together your first cut and get any feedback from guides in your area.

When you have it as you like it, we can move it over or you can copy it, either way.

Not a requirement, just trying to help make it easier for you. After all, you'll want to test your links as you're building it, probably. :)

Upvote 0
No reason why not, just let us know. :)

By the way, I think that agentc13 had a great idea to use the private chat with staff subforum (in here, link at top) to use as a place to put together your first cut and get any feedback from guides in your area.

When you have it as you like it, we can move it over or you can copy it, either way.

Not a requirement, just trying to help make it easier for you. After all, you'll want to test your links as you're building it, probably. :)

That sounds fine I will probably do that.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones