• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Water damage

Etwizzy

My galaxy rush has under gone water damage. I called Samsung and the rep told me it would cost more than the value of the phone to fix it. I don't wanna get rid of my baby. It turns on now and even fully boots, My screen however does not respond:(:(:(

Any ideas??

looks like its time to shop on ebay for a new one or add boost insurrance $5 a month and pay the $65 deduct to get anew one sent next day

If I get a new one next day it will be factory defult right?

If so since it is could you walk me through making a stock Rom backup so before i root I'll have everything i need.

yes it will be stock and i can help ya get it rooted im pretty sure there is a tutorial on how to get it rooted

Thanks every body I'm back with a fresh out the box, still got plastic in the screen, RUSH!!!:D. I have a computer but no internet so I download a lot of computer files via my phone or a friend's computer when I can. I'm ready to assist so let's do this.:D

P.S. I have dropbox and Google drive idk which has more free space though:confused: sorry They don't get much use.

... bag of rice....works everytime....
Thanks for that I have a new phone now the only problem I have is that my old phone's sensor don't respond. If you know of a way I can fix this I would love to hear it. I've taken the phone apart multiple times and to no avail. So if you know what I can do then please let me know.

Thanks and peace and blessings

My galaxy rush has under gone water damage. I called Samsung and the rep told me it would cost more than the value of the phone to fix it. I don't wanna get rid of my baby. It turns on now and even fully boots, My screen however does not respond:(:(:(

Any ideas??

same thing happend to me my phone was under water for like 3 mnts tried to turned on it turned on but it got freez on boot i just dried the phone whit a hair dryer and now it works like new

Im in construction I have gotten my rush not just wet but submerged in my rain jacket pocket for a couple hours tell I realized it..(done this 2 or 3 times now).. first thing you do is.. take the battery out.. If you turn it on while it's still wet your done...cause you probably fried something...so keep it off take the battery out, put the phone in a zip lock bag, put a bunch of rice in the bag with the phone wait an hour or 2 and you should be good to go.....oldest trick in the book

Back
Top Bottom