• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wearing phone around neck

musiclvr56

Aug 21, 2016
I will not have pockets to put my cellphone in so I want to wear it around my neck with a lanyard. I assume I will need to buy a case with a small hole in it. I have been reading reviews on Moto G4 Play cases with credit card slots and wristband. Not sure if I can attach a lanyard to a wrist strap. Critical reviews were that the phone didn't fit, etc. I don't want to waste my time by buying a case that my phone won't fit in.
I like the idea of having pockets for credit cards so I won't have to carry a purse.

I would appreciate suggestions on what to buy-may have to be creative!

Thanks!

I would think wearing a smartphone around your neck would be problematic. Any time you bend over it would flop around and then bounce into your chest when you straighten up, or if you're bending over a sink to wash your hands or do the dishes it could just flop into the water. And maybe this is just me but the after a few hours having the weight of it would be annoying.

What about something like a phone holster? There are holsters that have belt clips and some that have slotted openings that you'd slide a belt through, some where your phone would slide in or out of holster, and there are some that just felt-lined pouches with Velcro flaps so your phone sits inside.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...field-keywords=+Motorola+Moto+G4+Play+holster

Upvote 0
Not sure if I can attach a lanyard to a wrist strap. Critical reviews were that the phone didn't fit, etc. I don't want to waste my time by buying a case that my phone won't fit in.

Most of the one's I've seen are pretty cheap and made to try and fit more than one phone, so yeah, there might be problems fitting them properly. They do have detachable wrist straps so it would be pretty easy to put a lanyard on it and wear it around your neck. I don't think it would be that comfortable, but if you don't have any pockets, it does limit where you can put a phone. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones