• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Icon on menu

Light93

Lurker
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know what this icon means?. It appeared after my sister deleted a game called geometry dash.
There are 4 of these icons on the screen, and cannot be deleted. If anyone knows, please comment.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-10 at 8.40.37 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-10 at 8.40.37 AM.jpeg
    1.8 KB · Views: 105
I've never seen that icon, but something odd appearing after an app was deleted makes me wonder whether the app had placed shortcuts on the screen that were broken by deleting the app? Or whether the app was deleted in a non-standard way that didn't clean things up properly (though I'd think you'd need root to do that)?

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Or deleting the homepage the icons are on (if her launcher allows you to do that)? I admit I'm just throwing suggestions out, I don't know what will get rid of these icons (apart from a factory reset, but that seems a bit drastic).

Try rebooting your phone or tablet.

The only times I've seen something like that was with OS/2 ,and really old versions of Windows, when they were waiting for something to complete.

Good call.

Apparently this Geometry Dash is a game. And like many mobile games it could be wait timers, or you pay $$$ to skip the wait, i.e. it's freemium.

I wouldn't know, since all the mobile games I've ever played I saved their original APKs when I used to ROM/Root and I have the classics without IAP, wait timers or ads.

I wouldn't know, since all the mobile games I've ever played I saved their original APKs when I used to ROM/Root and I have the classics without IAP, wait timers or ads.

@nickdalzell I'm like you, I'm very careful about the mobile games I install and play. But on the other hand the OP's Geometry Dash, might have all that, and more.

I see enough geometry, trigonometry, algebra, etc. in our school classrooms, without wanting to have it in a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom