• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird iphone fail???

Remeniz

Android Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2011
Peterborough - UK
My girlfriend and I went on a road trip and took a break for something to eat.

Anyways, I asked her to show me what she won on ebay. So out comes her iphone 4s and she's there trying to load up the product on her ebay app for 5 minutes... Were both in Mc Donalds on their wifi. So I handed her my SGS2, opened up my ebay app and said 'bring up the product on my phone', and she reluctantly did. She never used my phone and found it in about 10 seconds. I was very smug

:)

So I asked what was wrong with her phone and she said it was acting real slow. So I suggested that she shut down all her apps. This is what got me though...

She has 2000 pictures on her phone that she reckons is slowing it down and to rub salt in the wound she cannot delete any of them from the phone!!!!! Nothing. There simply is no delete option and when connected to her imac she still cannot remove photos. She called apple and they said its a fault, that's it.

So I said 'apple want you to connect to the network when apple say so AND now they won't let YOU delete your OWN photos off your OWN phone??' Well that's crazy.

And the only bad she said about my phone was its a little bit on the large side hunny.....

;)

I just think she's doing it wrong. :) Connect iPhone to iTunes, deselect folders and re-sync. OR, upgrade to iOS 5 and remove folders and pics right from the device, no iTunes needed.

Just as with any computer, when it's near capacity and has probably never been re-booted, it's going to slow down.

Thanks. I'll suggest that. But she has the 64GB model?? Plenty of room.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I'll suggest that. But she has the 64GB model??

Shouldn't be laggy at all unless it's near capacity. That thing is just as fast, if not faster, than my GS II.

If she has frequent lag or slowdowns (not OS related), then it could be hardware related. (ie: bad network radio or wi-fi radio.) The Apple Store can look into it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones