• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird screen thing

So my phone screen is displaying a weird outline in the middle of the screen and I don't understand why. It just randomly started doing it. Any help would be really appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812-003225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812-003225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 171
Is it visible all the time? Is it most visible against uniform backgrounds? Does it resemble a negative image of part of an app you've used a lot?

I'm asking those questions because the second image, a fuzzy shape on a solid background, makes me wonder about screen burn-in (the first image is just black as far as I can see). Though burn in shouldn't be visible against a pure black background, since it's due to LEDs losing brightness (so when they are off anyway, i.e. on a black image, it should make no difference).

Is it visible all the time? Is it most visible against uniform backgrounds? Does it resemble a negative image of part of an app you've used a lot?

I'm asking those questions because the second image, a fuzzy shape on a solid background, makes me wonder about screen burn-in (the first image is just black as far as I can see). Though burn in shouldn't be visible against a pure black background, since it's due to LEDs losing brightness (so when they are off anyway, i.e. on a black image, it should make no difference).

Yeah the first thing that you were saying. I honestly have no clue if it is burn in or not. Black is actually the color it shows up the most on

If it shows up on a screen shot it's not burn in, but is some sort of software glitch. If you have to photograph the screen to show us it is probably a hardware defect of some sort (as noted burn in shouldn't be visible on black).

This is because a screenshot isn't a copy of what is coming out of the display, but of what is being sent to the display controller. So if the screen is damaged a screenshot will still look perfect if you view it on an undamaged display.

Back
Top Bottom