• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird touchscreen issues

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
About 3 weeks ago I noticed a problem on my Nexus 5 while running Marshmallow preview 3. In some cases the upper part of the touchscreen was not responding, like for example pulling down the notification menu or clicking on the settings button in some apps. I guessed it was a problem with that part of the touchscreen but when I flipped the phone to landscape mode, the problem persisted on the top of the screen (now the side). I could not pull down the notification center, even if I turned it on one side or the other. I noticed this happened after turning on my phone, so I restarted a couple of times until it worked. I thought it was a problem with the preview version.

Last week I installed official Marshmallow (full wipe included) and didn't even remembered about this issue. Today my phone ran out of battery and after charging and turning it on, the problem appeared again. I restarted the phone a trillion times and it works for the first time (pulling notification center down) but then stops working. As I said, no matter if its on portrait or landscape mode either way or the other it won't work.

P.S. While writing this my phone charged above 50% and it's now working fine. So I guess it might be related with the battery... I don't know. If anyone knows something please share, I will let you know if I discover something else in case someone ever gets the same issue.

Hi andrews317. the same exact issue is happening to my girlfriend's LG V10, have you found any solution for the issue? We have not tried factory reset yet. The issue goes away after reboot but it will come up again later. It's still on Lollipop btw.

FYI it's FB messenger. It has a glitch starting December 16. Has to do with the "draw over other apps" permission that it uses for chatheads. Thanks for your help, andrews317

Back
Top Bottom