• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird ZTE Blade A462 MicroSD Issue

TheOldWolf

Lurker
Mar 1, 2019
I have a ZTE Blade A462, running Android 6.0.1 and I'm having a weird issue with it, and MicroSD cards.

I'm a frequent listener of audio stories, so the other day, I loaded up my stories, in MP3 format onto my 16 GIG Micro SD card, and went to use my playlist editor to set them them up as I like them, but whenever I chose to save the playlist, it said there were no songs in the playlist.

I had no trouble whatsoever, navigating to the folders that the files were in, and I can select them, and get them to play individually, if I go into File Explorer, but I cannot, for the life of me, access them with any music players.

I then tried to format the SD Card, to work as the phone's dedicated internal storage, and put the audio files back onto the microSD, via USB, only to get the same results.

Next, I got a brand new 32 GIG MicroSD, in case the issue was with the SD Card itself, only to get the same outcome.

I have 2 other Android Phones, and neither of them have a single problem accessing the files via music players, so I don't think the issue is the MicroSD. And the fact that I can play the files tells, abet in a frustrating way, tells me, that the phone is capable of it.

So, any thoughts or ideas are welcome, please.

I'm a frequent listener of audio stories, so the other day, I loaded up my stories, in MP3 format onto my 16 GIG Micro SD card, and went to use my playlist editor to set them them up as I like them, but whenever I chose to save the playlist, it said there were no songs in the playlist.

Regarding the 'playlist editor' you're referring to, is this a playlist making app running on your phone or a playlist program running on a computer?
If it is something program you're running off a computer, try installing a playlist making app from the Play Store and use that to make playlists for your phone. That should work more consistently than playlists made by a non-native program or when created remotely and moved to your phone.

Upvote 0
Regarding the 'playlist editor' you're referring to, is this a playlist making app running on your phone or a playlist program running on a computer?
If it is something program you're running off a computer, try installing a playlist making app from the Play Store and use that to make playlists for your phone. That should work more consistently than playlists made by a non-native program or when created remotely and moved to your phone.

The Playlist editor is 'Playlist Creator 2' which I've downloaded from the Google Play Store on my phone, on three other phones before this one, and never had an issue with.

Upvote 0
If you go into your Settings >> Apps menu, open the Playlist Creator 2 app, and check Permissions, is 'Storage' enabled?

Yes, storage is enabled. Thank-you very much for the thought, though.

It's not just the playlist app, anyway, it's that no music player on the phone at all, whether the stock music player, or one from the playstore, will show the audios that are on the SD card.

Upvote 0
Old thread, but I found it anyway.

My experience shows that it is a bad idea to format and use a SD card as internal memory.
A very bad idea.

I am glad that did not solve the problem.

More of my experience has shown me that out of three devices, I have one that does similar with mediabthat I transfer to the SD card from the internal memory.

The solution was simple.

All I had to do was to move the files, and then restart the device afterward.

The media would show up in the file manager and the gallery apps, but would not show any memory taken (shown as 0MB) or play in any apps.

After a restart, the memory used shows up correctly and the media will play in whatever app I am using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones