• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the perks of having a T-Mobile Account?

IHaveAnAndriod

I have a T-Mobile Nexus 5 and I pay $80 a month for unlimited talk text and data. I know T-Mobile has some good perks of being a customer. Can someone please tell me what the perks are!!! I want to make sure that I am getting the most out of my service! I already love the phone and the service!

Free international data and texting from a large amount of countries. Cheap(er) calling from those countries too.

Free wifi calling.

Free international data and texting from a large amount of countries. Cheap(er) calling from those countries too.

Free wifi calling.

Thanks for your reply. Those are nice deals, but I'm looking for things like how they have the discount for the music streaming service. Im talking about the discounts and promo's that T-Mobile has to offer. 😁

Discount are only available to gov employees now.

We already save $ compare to evil ATT or VZW.

Yes that's true we do save quite a bit but do you know what other offers we get besides the unRadio and free music streaming without using data?

How much data can we use when we tether. I hope it's a lot because I love to tether my phones internet connection to my tablet when I'm on the road

The $70 unlimited 3GB of data. The $80 allow 5 GB of data.

Oh yea, the perks for me is that I can SMS to 120 countries and yes, I abuse it often.

When you are overseas, you can use 3G and SMS data for free too. When your plane land, Tmo will txt you what you will be charge. Thats a good perks. :-)

Free wifi calling.
@Op - Since you have a Nexus 5 device, be aware that you don't get free WiFi calling on T-mo

When you are overseas, you can use 3G and SMS data for free too.
Actually, only 2g speeds for data when overseas (not 3g).
But still better than no connectivity (or the hassle of getting a local SIM and a new temporary local number)

Edit:
How much data can we use when we tether. I hope it's a lot because I love to tether my phones internet connection to my tablet when I'm on the road

That would depend on your data plan. If you have a 2.5GB plan, you get to use(abuse) it till that limit. You don't get a separate tethering allowance for data.

I recently used my Tmobile (last month actually) Moto G LTE in South Korea. It worked like a champ. Yes the data speeds are slow but it gets the job done for essentials. I actually placed a Skype Voice only call over cell data and it worked great. There was coverage every part of South Korea I was in.

I recently used my Tmobile (last month actually) Moto G LTE in South Korea. It worked like a champ. Yes the data speeds are slow but it gets the job done for essentials. I actually placed a Skype Voice only call over cell data and it worked great. There was coverage every part of South Korea I was in.

Was it 2G or 3G speed? Did Google Map work? Did it use the battery quicker?

With the $80 plan you can get discounts on premium radio streaming apps. Instead of always being stuck on the free versions with adds.

Was it 2G or 3G speed? Did Google Map work? Did it use the battery quicker?

3G speeds and a little H+ from time to time. Google Maps worked, Battery life seemed normal. I wasn't using it alot though mind you, but for what I was using it for, it seemed ok.

Speaking of Wifi Calling... the 30 dollar plan does not support it does it?

I think all T-Mobile plans are going to support wifi calling soon. They just released a statement about wifi calling.

Go check out their website to read up on it.
I think the release date for it is September 17.

Wi-Fi Cell-spot...amazing...best wireless router on the market...Wi-Fi calling, Wi-Fi 2.4 & 5.0...amazing speed...QoS...and free...$25 deposit. The cell-spot replaces my signal booster they provided for free when I lived in a low signal area several years ago.

...and...the international roaming worked great for me while in Jamaica in April.

Back
Top Bottom