• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What Happened to Everyone

biggdogg

I know the Avant isnt being supported by any developers at the moment but it seems that all thread activity has ceased . Its like a ghost town around here , Lol. What happened to the guys who were going to try and work on the custom kernels , CM12 , etc? I wish I had the hardware and knowledge to try and work on these kinds of things :( . I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Think it might have suffered a common problem with Samsung phones, the fact there's too many different models. Devs tend to concentrate on the widely available flagship devices, like the Notes, S4, S5 and S6, rather than midrange devices that are only on a few carriers or in few countries, such as the US, T-mobile, Galaxy Avant.

We have a lot of kernel and ROM devs here in China, but they're very unlikely to do anything for this phone.

Last edited:
Most of the talking has temporarily shifted to the XDA thread, what with the latest Metro software update, people are concentrated on that lol
Dfuse also started posting all his links somewhere else, namely his updated twrp. If he had posted links here there would be more activity. I know how it looks, but I don't think it's over for the Avant just yet

Back
Top Bottom