• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui

EpicJc89

Lurker
I have seen this pop up in my girlfriends Google activity many times, with no app being used with it. No calls made or texts sent, just this and then the Samsung home ui(home button). Why would this be showing up?

It's a pre-installed user interface, part of the operating system, so nothing she should be concerned about (I'm assuming that you are checking this with her knowledge and consent and asking on her behalf).

The name "telephony UI" implies that it's the equivalent of what's called "in call UI" on most Android devices (Samsung do like to rename things), but not having a Samsung phone I can't be sure that it isn't connected to the dialer instead/as well - if it were then checking the call log or similar could also activate it. Incoming calls would activate it too (including those that disconnect immediately, which I had a spate of the other year - I assumed some scam or other and ignored them).

It's not obvious that there should be other triggers, but you might have to ask Samsung to get a definitive answer (if they would answer at all). I can't test how the equivalent in my phone behaves because for privacy reasons I have all of that Google activity logging turned off.

Back
Top Bottom