• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the most stable ROM that is still Sense?

kenn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2010
Ok, here's what I'm looking for. I'm moving from Verizon to Sprint. My daughter has a rooted Droid Eris with xtrSense on it. It is basically a stock sense ROM with the bloat removed and a ton of on-phone memory recovered by using cache2cache. It is ROCK SOLID STABLE.

xtrSense is overclocked to 710 and the little Eris on this ROM flies.

I'm looking to replicate the experience on a Hero so what's going to be the ROM or ROMs of choice?

Thanks!

If you want sense like then you can use Liquidsense, or you can use AOSP GB 2.3.4 and make it sense like with many sense like apps

Ok, here's what I'm looking for. I'm moving from Verizon to Sprint. My daughter has a rooted Droid Eris with xtrSense on it. It is basically a stock sense ROM with the bloat removed and a ton of on-phone memory recovered by using cache2cache. It is ROCK SOLID STABLE.

xtrSense is overclocked to 710 and the little Eris on this ROM flies.

I'm looking to replicate the experience on a Hero so what's going to be the ROM or ROMs of choice?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
If you want sense like then you can use Liquidsense, or you can use AOSP GB 2.3.4 and make it sense like with many sense like apps

Don - Thanks...

I'm very familiar with the AOSP - type ROMs as I have flash a whole bunch of vanilla roms on my Incredible. I'm looking for a stable sense, though, as that is what my wife likes (sense).

What I found in using AOSP or CM ROMs on my Eris is that it is quick up until I loaded beautiful widgets and launcher pro plus launcher pro calendar. Once those were added, the performance advantage went back to a modded sense ROM. I'm assuming the Eris and Hero are very equivalent in terms of performance and the same thing would happen here...

What about Fresh also? I don't care if it is 2.1 or 2.2. I'm just looking for a very stable sense-based rom with the bloatware removed, improved on-board memory usage and the ability to overclock for better performance.

Upvote 0
Fresh is to outdated, I would try Liquidsense Rom

Don - Thanks...

I'm very familiar with the AOSP - type ROMs as I have flash a whole bunch of vanilla roms on my Incredible. I'm looking for a stable sense, though, as that is what my wife likes (sense).

What I found in using AOSP or CM ROMs on my Eris is that it is quick up until I loaded beautiful widgets and launcher pro plus launcher pro calendar. Once those were added, the performance advantage went back to a modded sense ROM. I'm assuming the Eris and Hero are very equivalent in terms of performance and the same thing would happen here...

What about Fresh also? I don't care if it is 2.1 or 2.2. I'm just looking for a very stable sense-based rom with the bloatware removed, improved on-board memory usage and the ability to overclock for better performance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones