• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what is the newest CM7 version

im honestly so confused on which one is the most updated one. and why cant you get the kernal for the ics roms to work for the cameras?

The newest version of CM7 is http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...om-cm7-7-2-rc1-g60-style-r0-10-6-03-12-a.html. Other version of CM7 ROM's are either built from my code updates or previous releases of other version of CM7. The first release of CM7 was TickerGuy his final build was 11-19-2011.Whyzor then took over with the source code and renamed the code to TG-Reloaded his last build was 03-25-2011. I then took over from Whyzor with g60style and started building it, currently I am on revision r0.10.

As for the Kernel for ICS it is going to take some updates from another developer that has the camera partially working on another variant of our phones hardware. He has yet to release his code on github so others can use it. Also because Virgin Mobile and Motorola have chosen not to update our phone it's left to the community of developers to figure it all out on our own. While this may seem like an easy task it is not. Many hours of programming, testing, and troubleshooting have our phone working the way it does with both CM7 and CM9. Hope that helps a bit :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones