• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I do to write an alghorytm that edits my XML files automaticaly

german278

Lurker
I´m trying to make my first android App . I mean I can really fast understand and thats why I do my last step in my first Android App . I want that some XML files would be edited automaticaly by an alghorythm . I want specially that the texview in my xml file will be edited ...

I wrote a App for events in my High-School Club and thats because it should be every two weeks be edited . The data and the name are very important and of course the room , but its most of the time the same ...

So if you could help me with writing the Code or just tell me what I need to do for that I would be really happy ...
I mean shouldn´t it working with an simple if statement and a findviewById ... I dont really know so I hope you can help me ... :)

You have to edit the xml by hand there is way too many variables and design decisions to automate the process. I built a program that randomly added objects to the xml in an attempt to be inspired. My results were medicore at best. Just spend the time to edit the xml and make your ideas into reality. Most developers spend 3 months building a single app complex games can take a year

Back
Top Bottom