• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to do?

NewbieX2

Nov 14, 2009
I'm with Sprint right now but thinking of switching to Verizon because they always seem to be involved in talk of big name phones, conversations which I don't hear much from Sprint in. If I switch it would probably be within the next 2 or 3 weeks (Around Christmas/New Year) and I would use the new membership to get that $10 Eris. Is this a wise thing to do? Now that the gPhone is known to be going to Tmobile and ATT, is there any reason to not pull the trigger now? I like the Eris but I don't see it as being my permanent phone; I would just like a bigger screen. 3.7" would be ideal (But I don't want a brick in the Droid). I probably could get used to 3.2", though. What do you guys think? Make the switch now? Or stick it out with my Palm Pre?

I'm with Sprint right now but thinking of switching to Verizon because they always seem to be involved in talk of big name phones, conversations which I don't hear much from Sprint in. If I switch it would probably be within the next 2 or 3 weeks (Around Christmas/New Year) and I would use the new membership to get that $10 Eris. Is this a wise thing to do? Now that the gPhone is known to be going to Tmobile and ATT, is there any reason to not pull the trigger now? I like the Eris but I don't see it as being my permanent phone; I would just like a bigger screen. 3.7" would be ideal (But I don't want a brick in the Droid). I probably could get used to 3.2", though. What do you guys think? Make the switch now? Or stick it out with my Palm Pre?

Reconsider the Droid,.Motorola Droid that is.Rumor has it that the next Droid will not have a slide out keyboard.

Upvote 0
I don't mind if it doesn't have a slide out qwerty. I thought I would, but really all I need is a multitouch virtual keyboard and I'll be set.

The Droid is really not that big. The fit in my jeans pocket is pretty sleek. It doesn't bother me at all. If you don't need a physical keyboard, you may want to pick up an Eris and wait for either a next gen Droid without the slide-out, or the Passion/Dragon, assuming it actually exists.

Though, if you don't want the Droid right now, I wouldn't switch over solely for the Eris, because if these new phones release next year you won't be able to get the upgrade pricing.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I'm gonna stay conservative and I won't make the switch until I see the Passion or whatever android device with a nice, big screen drops.

I just went in to a Sprint store today and they said I can't even return my Pre there for a new one (Top part of the screen is unresponsive to touch). Since it's my THIRD pre that I've gotten I have to go a corporate store to get it replaced OR, the guy told me, I can swap it out for a different model if I make a big enough fuss about it. I am SO going to snag that Hero if I can. Wakin up tomorrow extra early (I.E. About 9 AM :D) to head on down.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I'm gonna stay conservative and I won't make the switch until I see the Passion or whatever android device with a nice, big screen drops.

I just went in to a Sprint store today and they said I can't even return my Pre there for a new one (Top part of the screen is unresponsive to touch). Since it's my THIRD pre that I've gotten I have to go a corporate store to get it replaced OR, the guy told me, I can swap it out for a different model if I make a big enough fuss about it. I am SO going to snag that Hero if I can. Wakin up tomorrow extra early (I.E. About 9 AM :D) to head on down.

What did you get,.. what did you get?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones