• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What works with connecting PC to EVO Shift

tlee404

Lurker
Sep 14, 2018
Have Windows 10 and EVO Shift with original software. I want to Root it, but I can only connect as disk drive. But when i try to move an apk to the Shift in the disk drive mode the EVO Shift does not see it in the folders I move it to. I tried installing HTC Sync but it does not seem to work. Does it work with android 2.3? Basically I want to use my PC to download apks for installation on the Shift. Most of my apps are obsolete and I cannot use them. I want to do a root and update the shift. Any help in getting started by first getting my shift to connect to Win 10 so I can first start to try and root it. Also any recommended root apk that works with the android 2..3.
When I try to go to Google Play Store I get this browser is no longer supported.
HTC Sense for Android Ver: 2.00.0000.437693

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones