• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's in Miscellaneous Files

athegn

Android Expert
My tablet has some problems mainly with Chrome browser running slowly or not even showing the web page I request - the downing circle stops but the page is blank, a re-request brings the data down.

I wonder if memory shortage is the problem? In investigating I notice that I have a large Misc. Files 3.55GB and only 2.68GB of free internal memory; out of 16GB.

When drill down Misc Files I can only see a few hundred mb of memory used. What would be the nearly 3GB of hidden Misc. Files. How can I find out what these hidden files are?

Any help please?

Found some answer. I use an app "Exact Editions"; the only app that does the job I require. Not that user friendly as far as I am concerned. The way I want to use it loads a large amount of data into the internal memory; this data, 2.52GB, is the bulk of the hidden Misc. Files.

I have found a kludge that works around the data load on my internal memory; the best of a bad job!

Got to see if this cures the browser problems I am having.

Back
Top Bottom