• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's the laying down Android icon mean?

ecox

Sep 29, 2011
DC
My Nexus S got wet -- it was in my pocket during a sudden rainstorm. When I got home and took it out of my pocket, it displayed this in the center of an otherwise black screen:

DSC00036.jpg

So I took the phone apart, dried it with a qtip, and tried a reboot. It hangs at the Google logo screen.

It's now in a bag of rice.

Ever seen this Android icon before? Is my phone dead?

Thanks.

My Nexus S got wet -- it was in my pocket during a sudden rainstorm. When I got home and took it out of my pocket, it displayed this in the center of an otherwise black screen:
So I took the phone apart, dried it with a qtip, and tried a reboot. It hangs at the Google logo screen.
It's now in a bag of rice.
Ever seen this Android icon before? Is my phone dead?
Thanks.
Not sure about that icon, but I'd leave it in the bag of rice for several days or a week and try it again.

Upvote 0
Nothing to do with being wet...... my phone does the same thing. Many people are having the same issue with zero relief. My quick fix..... go into your settings and adjust the screen timeout to never timing out. I have found that every time my screen blacks out for screensaver that lil guy comes up. But if I always have the screen on..... he never shows up.
Not a great solution but Sprint, Google and Samsung have been zero help to me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones