• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the requirement to make a remote access app over internet?

Hi everyone, i'm willing to make an app to make remote access to android over internet. I'm not that familiar with android development but i'm studying right now for this.
I tried some solution like scrcpy but all needs to be locally and developers mode on and USB debugging on, apps like mobizen and teamviewer don't satisfy my needs. So i'm searching for ways to make on, even a simple one.
And of course i need some tips for the server side as well.

If this is not a topic for this forum let me know.

I think you'll need to be rather more specific about what you are asking if you're to get any useful replies.

Well,

What kind of remote access are you trying to develop? Are you trying to have remote access to a particular app on an android device? From what device are you trying to connect from? Do you want command (terminal) accesses? Or do you want graphic user interface access? Are you trying to connect to an android device to a computer? Please tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

What kind of remote access are you trying to develop?

Windows to Android

Are you trying to have remote access to a particular app on an android device?

Android Device, Android 6+

From what device are you trying to connect from?

Computer

Do you want command (terminal) accesses?

No

Or do you want graphic user interface access?

Yes, Like in AnyDesk or TeamViewer, but the device a need to access doesn't support neither one.

Are you trying to connect to an android device to a computer?

From a computer

I know that my question is very wide, but what i try to get from here is a noth to follow, like what type of library to use from android and/or windows.

This devices i'm trying to connect with are set top box from where i work commercialize, and they want to know if it's possible to make remote access for support for example, but this means this need to be over internet.

Well. I think what you're asking maybe possible. You might be able to create an ssh server on your phone (through a third party server). This is how I think it might work.

1.) The app "Terminal Emulator" is able to open a shell window, and pass commands to the android operating system.
So your app is going to have to implement the same methods that "Terminal Emulator" implements.
2. ) The second thing you have to do is implement your program as a service. That way it would always run in the background.
3.) Now I'm unsure if android phones listen on all ports. I don't think this is possible, because the network service providers make multiple users share IPs though NAT I believe. And you have no control over what ports your phone listens to. But, you can have your phone talk to an outside server and that server can relay information back to your computer and phone.

Well. I think what you're asking maybe possible. You might be able to create an ssh server on your phone (through a third party server). This is how I think it might work.

The thing is, i need GUI access, ssh will not be suitable for me, this devices is used for tv stream, so anything related to support will be in the user interface

So why isn't something like TeamViewer suitable for you?

Because teamviewer is not compatible with the device. I can access the computer form Set Top Box, but the other way around is not compatible. And even if it worked would not be suitable anyway, because i need to emband this app within android, and i don't want to set up like 1000 devices with password.

Just to clarify the process,

The app, once connected to internet, will send an information that is online.

The software/server on pc will receive this information, if i want to connect to it, the end-user on the device will just accept the remote control, for security reasons.

On our lab an SCRCPY like works just fine, but it needs to have Developers mode and USB Debugging, and we dont want to send and device with this on for our and users.

The access Just need to mirror the screen and accept input via keyboard or mouse.

For mirror the screen i can find ways to do, but to accept input is the main problem.

That sounds almost like a "remote desktop" but for an android device - is that about right? So someone sitting at the computer could drive the session on the device?

I'll have to leave it to someone with more expertise than I have, but I don't think Android OS would allow that sort of functionality.

Hi. Do you want to create your commercial product or just for practice? I know Eltima offers the opportunity to implement the functionality of USB over Ethernet in another product. Maybe it makes sense to turn to them?

Back
Top Bottom