• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When on a phone call, display goes blank black. How do I turn that off?

I am on a Samsung, A32 5G phone.

I answer a call, or I make a call, I then place the phone into Speakerphone mode from within the phone app. I expect to be able to mash the end-the-call button at any time, instantly... but a few scant seconds after I've started the call, it decides to completely blank the screen to black... which also prevents me from being able to instantly hit the end-the-call button, and prevents me from being able to glance at the screen, at all times, to remind myself who I'm talking to again.

This is hugely aggravating. I have the general screenblank duration set to 30 minutes, and I've got the phone app set to Smart stay: Keep the screen on while you're looking at it.

How do I set the phone to never, ever blank the screen while I'm on the phone? And ideally, how do I set it to behave that way, regardless of how I'm holding, or not holding, the phone?

Champion, this stopped me pulling out my hair thanks!
Oops, now kinscreen has stopped working. Same as 'screen alive'. That worked for a little while, then stopped working. Back to screen turning off during speakerphone calls.

I had that same problem with my new phone. Tried multiple apps until I came across KinScreen, Advanced Screen Control.
Oops, now kinscreen has stopped working. Same as 'screen alive'. That worked for a little while, then stopped working. Back to screen turning off during speakerphone calls.

Back
Top Bottom