• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help where are my videos?

fallen1

Lurker
I have the samsung acclaim and I recently downloaded some video files from the internet. The downloaded videos showed up in my status bar and when I clicked on them I can play them, but once they cleared off the status bar I can't find them on my phone? I have looked in the gallery, file viewer, and quickoffice and its not there either! Anyone know where they could be?

You can find them in the "Downloads" folder on the \sdcard\. You can get to them with the "File Viewer" application.

If you know their filenames or extensions (mp4, wma, etc), connect your phone up to your computer and let its search function find them for you.

I can't find a downloads folder in file viewer or quick office?

What file manager are you using? Since it doesn't seem you're using a file manager if you can't find your download file. You can download Astro, EStrong File Explorer or andexplorer, as some members already said, you should be able to view a folder call 'Download' in the root SD card.

Another option to view downloaded files is in the browser. Click the menu button when your have your browser open, then click 'More' and 'Downloads'.

There is also Linda File Manager. I've used that with success on my Acclaim. Currently, I'm checking out Ghost Commander, a Midnight Commander style of file manager. It is working well.

Back
Top Bottom