• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are the Other Nexus Device's?

I mean i remember eariler in the year that Google stated that 7 Nexus Devices will be coming by November 5th and so far this year there have only been two Nexus Device's The Nexus 7(Tablet)and Nexus Q.So are they planning on Releasing the other five on November 5th or :confused:

I think many manufacturers are creating nexus phones this year in order to provide a more standardized stock android experience that doesn't include bloatware and custom interfaces (such as HTC Sense). The biggest criticism of Android is that there is only one phone out each year that provides a true android experience, so having many nexus devices will combat that issue. I have no idea which manufacturers are making these new phones though. I would count on Samsung and Motorola to be part of this.

There was a rumor in one article that Google would have up to 5 Nexus devices out this year. That got picked up as fact and somehow became "common knowledge" on the internet.

Basically, you had the Galaxy Nexus (phone), 4 (phone), 7 (tablet), 10 (tablet) and Q (streamer) all were available in 2012. But no-one from Google ever promised or claimed anything on the record about 5 devices.

Back
Top Bottom