• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where do I get support?

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
OK, I'm not sure if this issue can be handled here, so mods move me if you need to do so...

I usually buy my phones through Verizon, but this time I bought my s5 from Amazon. I'm having Bluetooth disconnect issues, so do I contact Verizon, Amazon, or Samsung for support?

The issue that I'm having is that I'll be talking on my ear piece when the conversation goes silent for me. I think that the conversation has disconnected but I find out that the recipient can still here me, I just can't hear them. I have had this happen several times with several different Bluetooth headsets so I know the problem is with the phone. Anyone else have this issue?

Oh you have found your support place.

What you have experienced is not all that uncommon.

I use a Blue Parrott truckers headset with boom mike.
Fantastic device for long conversations...

But, on occassion I will be talking along just as you have described and suddenly no answer to me. I am always able to hear the other guy.

My friend who has the same headset has the same experience occasionally.

The only solution that I have ever been able to find is to disconnect, Power OFF the BT and force it to resync while connecting again to the phone, then call them back.

I have also just simply redialed them right away and it does fine. No rhyme or reason, which is why I think interference made it drop out.

On my prior Galaxy S phone, it "seemed to help" if I would reboot the phone once a day. I never do that on my S5 for the bluetooth reason. Also, reconnecting the charger to the BT headset will reset the headset and force it to do a resync.

I have also come up with a verification all is well procedure... I long press '1' and let it dial up Voicemail for me. That way I know that the BT has indeed sync'd up with the phone. I generally only do this when first hooking up the BT as I don't have it on until I need it. I make/take calls and then if I decide to add the BT, I just power up the BT and let it connect and the audio transfers over to the BT.

The issue is, the BT looses sync with the phone. This can be caused by interference, but that is not always the case.

One situation though is very obvious to me. IF the BT headset is not fully charged, it is more likely to drop out during a conversation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones