• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which bloatware is safe to remove?

Bill Clay

Now that we have root, does anyone have any suggestions as to which bloatware would be safe to delete?

BTW, I'm using a Virgin Mobile Volt, which comes pre-installed with a ton of VM garbage!

Here's what I've disabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-06.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 816
  • Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-20-04-37.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 591
Wireless storage, Weather, VMU Icon pack, Virgin Discover Apps, Update Center, Thinkfree viewer, The Feed, The Little Prince, Tasks, Tasks Manager, Talkback, Software Update, Polar Bear, Next Radio, Music, Mobile ID, Lumen Toolbar, LG Backup, LG Keyboard (and themes), File Manager, Feather, EasyHome, App Updates, Plug and Pop.

Probably more, but that's what I've removed so far.

Portezbie, have you noticed any improvement in performance and battery life since removing all that bloatware? How about any problems?

Hard to say because it was like the first thing I did. My performance and battery life seem great to me though. I probably destabilized my phone a little, but I think my phone has only frozen twice in the month or so I've had it.

All I mean is that my phone has frozen twice since I got it and I had to long press the power button to reboot. Might not have even been removing stuff that did it, maybe an app just crashed or something.

I think it's worth it. There really isn't any risk. If you experience any issues for whatever reason, just restore the app. Of course back everything up first.

Back
Top Bottom