• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root which ROM has the stagefright patch

i love the butternoob 4.4.4 ROM.
i like root and only running the bare essentials so it was perfect for me. ( i did use Xposed for the GravityBox app)
i want to know if there is a lolipop ROM that is similar.
i think the type of ROMs im looking for are called AOSP.

i only want to upgrade from 4.4.4 for the stagefright patch.
butternoob is currently vulnerable to it.
since im a noob at ROMs, im assuming all i have to do is:
go into TWRP
make a complete backup
wipe data/cache/dalvik
install ROM
wipe data/cache/dalvik
install gapps
wipe data/cache/dalvik
reboot
i was looking at some of the ROM instructions and noticed that i might need to delete the Android folder but not sure if its necessary.

im assuming all the ROMs floating around for the zmax has already patched the stagefright vulnerable. Can anybody verify? i didn't want to go into every thread and ask.

thanks. looks like i missed that one.
the only problem i see with that one is that the guy who made it has left. doubt he will continue updating it.
i will download it but i will wait for another recommendation.

i know that there are a few Lolipop builds out there but i have no idea if they patched the stagefright vulnerability.

thanks. looks like i missed that one.
the only problem i see with that one is that the guy who made it has left. doubt he will continue updating it.
i will download it but i will wait for another recommendation.

i know that there are a few Lolipop builds out there but i have no idea if they patched the stagefright vulnerability.
The only ones that have the patch are the newest cm12.1 and possibly the new candy5. Also, you shouldn't expect regular updates for any of the roms for this phone because @Ethanbanker2428 was the only person still building and updating new roms and he has left now. @hroark13 left over a month ago so don't expect anything new from him either. If you want the stagefright patch and the most stable rom possible then you want the newest cm12.1. The instructions for installation are as follows.

Download rom and gapps
Wipe system data and cache
Flash rom
Flash gapps
Reboot system and enjoy
Delete android folder if you have any issues

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-06-00-35-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-00-35-08.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 85