• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which RUU do I need?

I soft bricked my Virgin Mobile CDMA One v and now I'm trying to go back, but I'm having trouble figuring out which RUU i need

I've already tried

RUU_PRIMO_C_ICS_40A_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.08.652.6_Radio _1.00.00.0521_2_NV_VM_3.46_0503_PRL61008_release_2 62414_signed.exe
but i get error 155, it being the incorrect RUU

I can only access CWM and HBOOT

PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.57.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0928
eMMC-boot
June 18 2012, 10:22:43

Image CRC

osbl: 0x0
amss: 0x911ED65C
hboot: 0xEB7AB1CB
boot: 0xA0FF3B57
recovery: 0xB4EA10E6
system: 0xCD789451

Thanks, if theres any other info I can get from hboot or CWM to help figure this out please let me know

Have you tried a ROM with OTA support? You have the updated radio that causes bootloops with custom Kernels.

He also has the new hboot version. If I remember correctly, the only roms working for the newer hboot are codefirex and rhythmic. Look on xda for more info these roms.

Check xda. There is a new kernel based on sick kernel by duir and simon that works with the newer hboot. Has a battery charge glitch but works fine. You can then use myonev 9 cdma and other roms.

I followed the directions to unlock, root, and install the pacman rom as found in a tutorial on androidcentral. Everything went smooth with the exception of cwmrecovery not working for me, i had to install twrp and it was my first time using it. I have only rooted and flashed a handful of phones, but I have never had an issue. This time however, after following all steps including a full wipe (I fear the system wipe is what screwed me) and successfully flashing the ROM, I can not get past the boot animation. I have tried reverting to the backup I made of the stock rom, same scenario. Have tried Slimbean, and now Rhythmic, also no luck. I can not find an RUU that seems to work and I have the newer radio and HBOOT. What do I do now?
Carrier is Virgin Mobile and radio and hboot are same as above. Can still access HBOOT and recovery, but nothing as far as phone goes and when I try to run adb devices i get nothing listed -=/

Well you can contact virgin mobile customer support and tell them the phone will not power on. Yeah bit of fudging on the truth,but in the end it was their lousy update that really borked your phone when they changed out what was working for crap that just doesnt. Get them to send you a replacement. Be aware,they are sending out htc one v's and the last one i got had the same hboot update you are using and I sent it back. They couldnt give it to me for free after the changes they made.

I wish I hadn't already tried contacting them for an RUU, I will still give this a shot after they turn me down ( I figured it was worth a shot) but I agree, I was happy with this phone in its stock state until the last system update. After that it has to be the slowest phone ive ever used, and my last was a wildfire s. I couldn't take the 30 second lag to place a call one more time, I had to do something. It's a shame attempting to correct there update resulted in a worthless phone tho. I was hoping someone else had done this as well and would have found a recovery method that worked. I sure haven't yet.

Be aware,they are sending out htc one v's and the last one i got had the same hboot update you are using and I sent it back. They couldnt give it to me for free after the changes they made.
I dont even want this phone anymore if it comes preupdated and I can't flash it without an issue. Guess I won't try afterall. Thats pretty lame of VM... I bet that same update is why the one v has been "temporarily out of stock" for over 4 months. They know its garbage.

OMG Rhythmic finally worked. Tried one more time with a full wipe again before install and it finally got past boot ani. Thank you for your response tho! If this happens to anyone else, Full wipe including system, install RhythmicROM

I dont even want this phone anymore if it comes preupdated and I can't flash it without an issue. Guess I won't try afterall. Thats pretty lame of VM... I bet that same update is why the one v has been "temporarily out of stock" for over 4 months. They know its garbage.

I just filed an FCC complaint against them for constant data speed throttling even if the user has not surpassed their alloted monthly allowance,for voice signal loss even though I am in an area supposedly covered completely by their service and defective and used hardware being used as replacement devices. I submitted the complaint with one goal. To be refunded completely my cost for the device so I can jump ship to straight talk. I would rather have a lower end device with excellent data speeds and voice signal than a higher end slab of shit that cant even maintain a connection to data or voice. No android device is worth a damn if the signal it uses is complete crap. And vice versa,a lower end droid can out perform any higher end droid if the signal is better. Straight Talk at the moment in my area on standard 3G is clocking download speeds of 350 kb per second. Virgin Mobile in comparison is piss poor at 10 to 12 kb a second. Thats unacceptable to me and isnt 3G. Its dial up.

Back
Top Bottom