• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why are some apps incompatible with the Prime?

Gameloft game support is device specific, not android version specific. They have chosen not to support Asus devices. If you want to make a difference, you can sign a petition here http://www.change.org/petitions/gameloft-support-asus-prime-tablet or you can challenge Gameloft directly.
This is the typical response from Gameloft:
Re: ASUS Transformer Prime compatibility
Hello,

So far we don't have games for your device.

Please visit our website for all the news and announcements concerning our releases.

Regards,
Administrator

Upvote 0
Expect to see even more incompatibilities as soon as IceCream Sandwich comes out.
There will be lots of stuff that will not work with it right off the bat. They will update and get it all working but ICS is going to be a PITA like every new release.

I'm glad we're going to have this problem very soon. Can you imagine the crap ASUS would have gone through if ICS didn't show up until May? You think the GPS issue is/was bad, not getting ICS right away would probably put people over

Upvote 0
Expect to see even more incompatibilities as soon as IceCream Sandwich comes out.
There will be lots of stuff that will not work with it right off the bat. They will update and get it all working but ICS is going to be a PITA like every new release.

To be honest, I don't think it will be quite so bad... a lot of ICS issues are already being fixed because of the Nexus release. I'm actually surprised how little trouble I've had with my GN in regard to app compatibility. It might be a bit different though considering this will be the first ICS tablet (if you don't count some of the cheapo oddball ICS-claiming tabs out there). :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones