• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why can't I send voice recordings in text message?

• Thread starter Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date Start date
A

Android Question

I've recently switched from an Iphone 3gs to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Something I could easily do before was record a few min of singing using voice memos and send them through text. With my Note 2, I can't. The voice recorder that comes with the phone won't let me record in good quality and send it through text. I've downloaded and tried several different voice recorders that claim I can send the recordings through text, but I keep getting a send error that it's the wrong media file and is not supported. I thought this phone was supposed to be better than the iphone, but how come I could send good quality recordings with no problem before? Is there no such function for an android phone?

Hi, welcome to Android Forums.

As I understand it, the IPhone uses Imessaging to send audio, video and picture files. Imessaging is sent using your mobile data or wifi connection and is the equivalent of MMS (multimedia messaging service).

Text messaging (SMS) uses a small amount of bandwidth within the communication channel between your cellphone and the network and is restricted to 160 text characters per message. This why even the most basic cellphone can send text messages.

To send audio, video or picture files you need to create an MMS message.

Hope this helps.:)

Hi, welcome to Android Forums.

As I understand it, the IPhone uses Imessaging to send audio, video and picture files. Imessaging is sent using your mobile data or wifi connection and is the equivalent of MMS (multimedia messaging service).

Text messaging (SMS) uses a small amount of bandwidth within the communication channel between your cellphone and the network and is restricted to 160 text characters per message. This why even the most basic cellphone can send text messages.

To send audio, video or picture files you need to create an MMS message.

Hope this helps.:)
I have always had an Android and over the last month. I have been unable to send voice recordings through text. I don't know what's going on but this is a new development

Back
Top Bottom