• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why does my tablet lie to me lol

I got a tablet running android 4.1 for my little girl for xmas.I have been playing with a lot,downloaded a lot of games and stuff I thought I was doing thinkgs right.But I noticed that when I go to settings,app,move to card stuff is really not moving.My card is a 8gb with 7.38 around there gb left.the internal tablet memory is full,I tried hooking the tablet up to my computer and moving things but that was kind of confusing not knowing what is what with some apps,anyway how do you really move stuff from the tablet to the sd card?thanks

Welcome to Android Forums.

If you identify what tablet you are using we can move this question to the forum where it is discussed.

... Thom

Identifying the tablet could be very important, as is where was it purchased. Because yesterday I did see a couple of devices that were indeed lying. They stated 8GB internal, but actually only had 200MB internal storage. One was a knock-off iPad Mini and other was some no-name thing and had no identification at all, except for "Made in China". If one is getting out of memory errors on a device that's supposed to have 8GB available. And a couple of friends in Shenzhen say they've seen them as well like this, phones and tablets.

Thank you for your email. You cannot put apps on the external sd card (the one you insert into the slot), but you should be able to move them within the tablet to the other partition (considered sd card as well). It sounds confusing because the secondary memory partition isn't actually an sd card per se, but is considered to be one by the tablet manufacturer.

To move an app to this partition, go to Settings > Apps > Downloaded > tap the app to move > Move to SD Card

You won't be able to move the preinstalled apps, but can move the ones you download.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email or call us.

Regards,

Customer Service
(866)777-0079
customerservice@globalpct.com

Back
Top Bottom