• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

matther22xdroid

Aug 26, 2010
Indiana, US
I've decided to Rom my VZW S3 since I have no alternative to fix the bugs plaguing me and my heavy phone use.

My phone constantly changes time zones during the day(At&t S3 also has this issue ive been told). The phone changing time zones totally screws up my text order and I can't find what I have received during that time nor can I see what i have sent.

Even when my time zone is not screwed up my texts are still screwed up: I receive text notification but get no text and have to ask the person if they just said something.

When I send a text sometimes it just disappears from my convo window but the person still receives it.

Last but certainly not least I depend on my phone as my alarm and randomly at night the cell standby will take my battery from 100% down to 0% in less then 8 hours.

Screenshot_2012-12-02-07-52-00.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-07-51-53.png

Have a look at this time zone map.... are you close to a zone border? My guess would be that you are ....

USA time zones map with current local time 12 hour format

Go to "Settings" ---> "Date & Time" and de-select "Automatic Time Zone" then select the zone of your choice.

What text app are you using ?

As for the dramatic battery drain go to "Settings" ---> "WiFi" ---> Menu (bottom left of GS3 screen) ---> "Advanced" than set "Keep WIFI on During Sleep" to "Never" .... That should help.

You might try getting Juice Defender and configuring it to prevent connectivity while you sleep. It definitely helps with my GS3's battery life.

Good Luck!

OUB.

Upvote 0
I live on the Indiana/Ohio border so not near a time zone. Twice today already the zone has changed on me.

Juice defender might be a good idea for the cell standby but I think installing a rom would be the best for all my problems .

Also I'm a pretty heavy user and I can go 8 hours on only 30 percent of my battery.

I'm going to go with CleanRom 5.0 looks like a good choice for what I need. I already went with the guide on the XDA forums and rooted/unlocked/flashed cwrp/backed up. Today after work I'm going to install the rom. I'm hoping my apps will restore automatically from Google like they did on my N7 with CM10 final.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones