• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why shouldn't you make a call with the USB cable plugged in? Respectively use it at all?

Yes, so did I. And above all, it would seem ridiculous not to be able to do it. But why is that in the manual?

The short manual (hard to find a long one anyway or even not possible) for the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 4G

Well that looks like Xiaomi been rather over zealous in the "SAFETY ADVICE" section. It also tells you not to use the phone and make calls in a bathroom. For that sort of thing, I just think use some common sense, like don't try and do calls while taking a shower, but answering calls, browsong the web etc. while sat on the toilet is okay.

Most companies tend to completely over the top in the legal and safety sections of their manuals, especially in the US, because of possible lawsuits, etc. I'm suprised it hasn't got the Proposition 65 thing, with the State of Califiornia warning you that your phone can cause cancer.

Last edited:
But one might slip off the bowl and the phone could fall into the bathtub then while hitting your head on the bowl.

Yes, but actually one might think there must be a sensible reason (if possible at all, does not sound like that first of course) or something like that, that the telephone should not be used with a cable being plugged in. Very strange. May be one should add something like: Don't touch the phone at full moon if you hear a ring tone.

Back
Top Bottom