• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Widget or reminder option for hidden, offline calendar?

Hi, everyone!

Another unusual question, I know - I'm having trouble with finding a solution to an interesting problem. I have several offline calendars; one is solely for general observances/holidays (i.e., Mother's Day, Father's Day, Flag Day, etc., etc.). [I absolutely have to keep these types of reminders separate from the regular calendar.]

However, unlike the Outlook calendar, still the ultimate reminder app ever despite all the fluff in latest versions!!, I'm not finding a way to have the reminders of that single calendar pop up in the notification area on my Nexus unless it's also set to visible in the calendar, which is no good! <sigh>

In Outlook you can have any number of calendars and the reminders for all of then work. Granted, I needed a little known freeware add-in all these years until recent Outlook versions finally made reminders work in all but the main calendar a native feature - but that addin allowed other calendars to work just fine! So from nearly the beginning of the life of Outlook in the office, 20 years for me, I have the main calendar for work and a second personal one so I could import HOL file with important family dates into it yet got reminders for everything!

I need to have similar functionality on my Nexus. I have only the main calendar showing, but a separate calendar widget app I found a few weeks ago allows me to display this other calendar all by itself on one of my homescreens on my Nexus. So the "hidden" state doesn't affect the calendar being displayed by this widget, which is excellent! But no popups! <sigh>

I tried various new calendar apps yesterday, then progressed to trying other calendar widgets but despite some of these trials also allowing filtering to also show just one calendar, none of them helped with the popup issue.

So hoping it's just something I'm missing. It may not be do-able at all, but so far, this is the best I've come to a complete calendar reminder solution for all events even if I'm still missing popups for the a secondary calendar.

Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

(p..s, don't know if it's relevant, but I use Business Calendar 2 and Calendar Snooze to enhance the stock calendar (which actually sucks just all by itself, sorry to say <g>.)

Back
Top Bottom