• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wierd message flashing

0cool

Lurker
Hey
I have a sony ericsson xperia mini pro sk17i. Recently a wierd message "TEST" has started to flash from time to time on my phone. I don't knw what it is or what's causing it. Any ideas????

Thanks

Does this appear in the notification bar or is this a message that appears on the screen until you select OK. This message does seem out of the ordinary, has this started happening after installing any recent applications?

It appears on the screen and i have to press ok to get rid of it. I don't know if it started after installing some app or not.

It doesn't appear on the notification bar. It appears like the other messages of the phone like alarms... the heading says 'test' and i have to press 'ok' to make it go away.

Here's the pic of the message

Attachments

• DSC09979.JPG
    DSC09979.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 50
Can you please check the build of your phone:

Main Menu > Settings > About Phone > Build.

I have a feeling this is a network based message, though I can not be certain yet.

This is the build number of my phone : 4.0.2.A.0.62
And yeah... it could be related to network. The network service here is poor. Is there a way to figure out why it's happening??

Hey!
Thanks for the reply...
On a page about Android 4.0, it says i can't revert back to old version of the android....i don't think that's a good idea then to upgrade it as I might not like the upgrade and repent on doing the update. Is there any other way around??

Sorry for the delayed reply ( I was not in yesterday), unfortunately with this particular problem you would need the latest version of firmware to be able to turn off this particular notification.

Back
Top Bottom