• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Aware in Android Studio

l9frosty

Lurker
Apr 11, 2023
Hello, I'm doing a simple app that uses WiFi Aware and its publish/subscribe mechanisms. However, while I was trying to test it on Android Studio, I would always get the boolean false with this line of code:
boolean hasWiFiAware = getPackageManager().hasSystemFeature(PackageManager.FEATURE_WIFI_AWARE);

This would mean that the device (the emulator in my case) doesn't support the feature of WiFi Aware. I tried a lot of different APIs in the Emulator and couldn't seem to get it to work (return true and allow me to use the feature).

Did anyone already work with WiFi Aware? And specially developed an app in Android Studio? If so, have you used Android Studio Emulator to test the App or a physical device? Does it even exist the possibility to use such feature in the emulator?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones