• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi calling on used phone purchased on ebay.

marioval

Oct 1, 2010
I know that unlocked AT&T phones should work on T-Mobile but the wifi calling will not work. because of this I am looking to buy a used T-Mobile Branded phone on ebay, craigslist, swappa etc. My question is will an unlocked T-Mobile phone still support wifi calling on a T-Mobile plan or will the fact that it's unlocked break that functionality? If it matters i'm getting the $30 plan from Walmart with 5GB data and 100 talk minutes. Thanks.

It's not a matter of locked or unlocked. Locked or unlocked it will work on T-Mobile if it's a T-Mobile branded phone.

As for WiFi calling, it will only work on phones that have that capability. It can't be added with an app or modification. It must be baked-in to the the OS to work well. The Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 both get Marshmallow but the Nexus 6 gets WiFi calling while the Nexus 5 never will. So be carewful gat you buy,

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones