• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Calling within US using Galaxy S3?

meissen

So I recently saw that TMobile has an option for smart phones which allows subscribers to make phone calls using wifi.

Is there an applicable way to do this with our AT&T Galaxy S3 phones? I get absolutely horrible cellular signal at home, so if I could use wifi to make phone calls that would be awesome.

So I recently saw that TMobile has an option for smart phones which allows subscribers to make phone calls using wifi.

Is there an applicable way to do this with our AT&T Galaxy S3 phones? I get absolutely horrible cellular signal at home, so if I could use wifi to make phone calls that would be awesome.

Any application that support Voice over IP (VOIP) can do it. For many tho, it will require the other party to use the same application in order to participate in the call, like Facetime on iOS, Skype on all platforms, as well as Line , Viber and KakaoTalk, or even Samsung's native ChatON (voice and video chat). These are currently the most popular, with literally millions of downloads and very large member data base.

Then there are services like VoiceBuster, which also allow (often at no cost) voip call to land lines.
Cheap international calls

well there is also Google Voice, which gives you a new phone number you can use, you can get texts to it and make calls. If youre on wifi you use it to make calls, if youre on mobile data you use it. at this time there is not a way to use your att phone number to make calls over wifi though.

Back
Top Bottom