• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi calling

MetroPCS Lg Stylo 4 I get the REG90 "unable to connect" for my wifi calling. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone with metro and in store with metro. In store rep even switched out sim card and still nothing. Really making me upset that this is happening. I got rid of my blade z max for this phone but at least that phones wifi calling worked. my cell reception is spotty where I live so the wifi calling is a must have. any ideas besides calling or going to store or factory reset.

Seems to be a lot of people howling about this "REG90" problem with WiFi calling, especially T-Mobile apparently, and MetroPCS is an MVNO of T-Mobile. Some suggestions about rebooting may fix it. But ultimately it sounds like a problem that the carrier(s) need to fix.

reg90.jpg

I've never had to deal with WiFi calling myself, as I'm not in the US.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For information it's actually something called Generic Access Network, sure that's what the OP means. The Wiki can explain it better than I can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_Access_Network
In reality I've only ever heard of it been deployed and used in North America.

As a matter of interest EE have provided WiFi Calling in the UK, on certain devices, for some years. My HTC M9 and 10 have both had the function, thankfully, as the cell service at home is not very good.

I use MintSim, and MVNO of T-Mobile, and what Mike posted is accurate. The only temporary solution is to reboot. :mad: :(

Back
Top Bottom