• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi doesn't disconnect

Calab

I'm having a wifi issue with my Dell Streak. It just started happening in the last two weeks or so. No idea what might have changed.

The wifi will connect at home... I'll leave and come to work. The phone still thinks it's connected to the home network, and doesn't work (of course).

I toggle the wifi and now it connects at work without an issue, but when I go home, the phone still thinks it's connected at work, so I need to toggle the wifi again.

I'm running Droid v2.2.1 and can't think of any changes that I might have made that would affect the wifi.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Never had that issue, but I have had major battery issues if I don't turn off the wifi when I leave home. The device goes into search mode and kills the battery in a few hours. So I use a App called "Toggle net switch widget" to turn off my wifi and 3g when I am not using it (like riding my bike) and turn off the wifi when leaving home in the car. It has a major impact on battery life.

Have you installed any new apps since you started having issues? Can you uninstall anything you added in the last 2 weeks and see if it changes?

Back
Top Bottom