• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi stuck, hot phone, battery life

aod

My phone started acting weird yesterday.

The first thing I noticed was the Wifi was stuck on. In the status switch the wifi showed as on, but with the little circle spinning showing it was doing something. If I touch the button to turn off wifi, nothing happens, it just stays on with the spinning circle.

If I go into the wifi settings, the status is: Wifi – Error. It won’t turn off in here either.
Also the phone seems very warm, back and front.

After turning the phone off / on, it boots, but when it gets to the unlock screen, if I try to unlock it, the phone screen fades out (the image ‘melts’ from the outside to the centre’), and reboots again.
This happened several times.

I took the battery out and rebooted. It wasn’t much better.

I took the battery and sim out, and turned on – it seems to work ok, and then when I put the SIM back in, it was ok for a while. However a bit later on, the same problem with Wifi / getting hot happened again. Also the battery drains really quickly (lasts only a few hours) when doing this.
I’ve managed to temporarily resolve it by adjusting the wifi settings to static IP and turning wifi off, however, it means I can’t use wifi.

At a few points between all of this, the wifi has worked normally a few times, but often freezes again. It happens with a few different wifi AP’s.

Any idea on how to fix this without a re-flash of the ROM? Is it a hardware fault?
It’s running Android 2.3.4 (upgraded to this In May2013), and is rooted.

Back
Top Bottom