• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi tethering on Dell Streak

swidm

Lurker
So, I have read all different paths to take in order to get wifi tethering on the Dell Streak and have tried most of them with no luck. I did succesfully root the phone and tried barnacle only to have it stick on "starting." I tried the built-in tethering (2.2) accessing via widget and it does broadcast a signal I can get on my ipad (wifi only) but no internet access. I tried wireless tethering 2.1 and it says it is working but I can't find the wireless network on my ipad. I updated to wireless tethering 2.5 and had the same problem.

Please Help!!!

Hi, I am using Froyo 2.2..

For your phone please install -> PDANet.. This is a free application through market or use this
For your computer you need PDANet too.

This one gives you 2 options --> use internet via USB and bluetooth.. I was successful with USB, not tried bluetooth yet..

Hope this helps..

P.S. -> If the setup doesn't recognize your phone try to update the driver via internet :)

I use an app called wireless tether on my rooted streak and it works fine. i just turn it on, rescan networks on my laptop and it pops up

Back
Top Bottom