• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi troubleshooting help please.

foopy

Lurker
hello all!

i have an old desktop with no wifi capabilities. i downloaded the most recent HTC tethering drivers.

i have mt4g that i got a year ago shortly after it was released, and i recently upgraded it to gingerbread, thanks to info i found on this board.

i turn off the 4g (and always-on option as well), connect my phone to the wifi, then tether it to my desktop so i can use the web on it.

several questions:

1. is there an option i can toggle so that when i plug in my phone, it automatically tethers, instead of automatically detecting it as a diskdrive?

2. is there someway i can increase the phone's ability to maintain connection to the wifi router? it drop connection every 5-20 minutes for no reason i can understand. perhaps it's my router, though no other device in my house has a similar issue.

3. sometimes - even though i have all mobile connection (4g/always on) options toggled off - my phone will display an active 4g connection and that ends up eating up all my data usage. i'm over 5gigs because of this, before i realized what was going on, and now my 4g is throttled.

3a. is there anything i can do about being throttled? (tmobile)

i know i can solve my problem with a fifty dollar wifi netcard, but i don't want to spend the money if i can get my phone to do the same thing.

thanks for reading, i appreciate any help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom